As we are moving back to some form of normalcy after 2020 and all the sickness it brought, you may be thinking about enjoying more in-person get-togethers at church. Gosh, haven’t we missed that?
Today, I am sharing something fun that women’s ministry leaders can host for the women of their church. But first, I have to give credit where credit is due; my friend Cyndee Ownbey started her podcast earlier this year, and it has been a delight. A few years back, she did a guest post for me; look and see HERE.
Several years ago, I partnered with Cyndee to create a Must-Follow Women’s Ministry Leader Pinterest board when that was in vogue. Look and see HERE for some awesome Women’s Ministry ideas! Cyndee has a wonderful heart for women’s ministry and she has been a great encourager and counselor to me. Her ministry is called the Women’s Ministry Toolbox. Her new podcast has the same name so please look for it and download it; more info HERE.
There was one episode on her podcast that I heard about this great idea for a women’s event. It was episode #3 and the speaker was Lisa Roberts-Corraro. Her great idea was to have a Day Treat, which is a play on words for a one-day Retreat, of sorts.
A Day Treat is a great option if the majority of the women at your church cannot get away for an overnight or weekend retreat. It is also a good option to offer periodically that is easier for your team to plan.
I couldn’t help but think of all the things you could offer at a Day Treat, so I made a list to share with you. This will get you started!
- A beautifully decorated banquet room. Ideas include:
- Nice Tablecloths, napkins and table settings.
- Beautiful Tablescape/Centerpieces. Look and see HERE.
- Oil Dispenser offering a soothing sweet smell
- Relaxing Worship music playing quietly in the background. Look and listen HERE.
- Welcoming signage and hosts. Look and see HERE.
- A list of affirmations.
- A really nice brunch buffet. Menu may include:
- Breakfast Punch
- Coffee Bar
- Mini Quiche
- Waffle Bar
- Hashbrown Casserole
- Yummy Cinnamon Rolls
- Fruit Salad
- Yogurt Tasting
- Gift Bag of Goodies. Items may include:
- A nice gift
- Bath salts
- Really Good Ink Pen
- Small Personal Journal
- Gift Book or small devotional
- A special letter of encouragement
- Essential oil roller
- A gifted speaker with an extra positive and encouraging word. Possible scriptures:
- Psalm 23
- 1 Peter 5:7 – Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
- Matthew 11:28 – Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest
- 3 John 1:2 – Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.
- Other gifted speakers to do mini workshops. Other topics may include:
- Self-Care Routines
- Personal Health Planning
- Stress Management Ideas
- Massage Chair – everyone loves a little massage!
- Foot washing experience. This is such a spiritually cleansing activity. You simply have large bowls with pitchers to carry warm water, and hand towels. You can add Epsom salt with your desired essential oils to the water to create a nice aroma. Half of the ladies will be seated while the other ladies kneel in front of them and gently wash their feet. Each lady takes turns washing one another’s feet until all are done. This is an act of love, humility and service toward one another as sisters in Christ. Don’t be surprised if tears flow.
- A Prayer Room – I have experienced two great prayer rooms at women’s events.
- One church had a dedicated person in a prayer room and you could meet with her at any time during the event to share your burden with and she would pray over you.
- Proverbs 31 Ministries who hosts an annual conference for writers and speakers (She Speaks) had a prayer room that was organized by the Names of God. They had prayed over each name of the attendees and placed their name at a specific Name of God that they felt led to assign. That was really special because you felt that by the definition of the Name, God was speaking to you. Word!
- Nice Door Prizes. Ideas include:
- Gift Certificate for a Massage
- Gift Certificate for a Facial
- Gift Certificate for a Mani and Pedi
- Gift Card to Starbucks or local coffee house
- Nice Plant
- Gift Basket of relaxing items – oils, bath salts, candles, etc.
- A Nice Piece of Jewelry
- A Nice Piece of Art
- A Nice Piece of Pottery
Doesn’t this sound like a wonderful Day Treat for the women of your church? Why yes, it does!!!
So, if you are looking for a fun get-together for your women, look no further than this idea. Well, except to my friend Cyndee Ownbey who has a multitude of other women’s ministry ideas. You can check her website out HERE and learn more about her podcast.
Speaking of podcasts, I will be sharing some exciting news that I, too, am planning to kick off my new podcast this summer. More to come on that…so subscribe to my blog so you can get the latest news about this HERE. God bless!!!