Whatever book you use to prayer journal in, you do not have to keep the same cover. Did you know??? As a matter of fact, I have found a way to create a cover for my prayer journal that I can even change as often as I like without damaging my prayer journal.
Here is my step-by-step process:
1. Purchase or pull out those old scrapbooking papers! I recently bought some new papers on clearance.
2. Choose your paper, which is the most difficult part of this process, by the way!
3. Depending on the size you choose, you may need to trim down to lay on top of the cover of your book.
4. Choose your washi tape to secure scrapbook around the edges. I recommend wide washi tape that is wide enough to fold over edges. Please choose a color that compliments your scrapbook paper.
5. Repeat on the backside. Be sure to overlap your washi tape on the spine of the prayer journal. And viola – a beautiful DIY prayer journal cover that you will adore!
As a special touch, you can add book flags to your prayer journal like I did. Ribbons and material is all you need! To read more about the book flags that I love, read this post.
If you do not have prayer journal, I hope you consider mine in Organizing Your Prayer Closet: A New and Life-Changing Way to Pray. It introduces the concept of structured prayer journaling and was voted 2014’s BEST BOOK in the prayer category by Christian Retailing.
If you love prayer journaling, check out my #ShePrayerJournals Weekend Workshop Video Tutorials on YouTube here.
Structured prayer journaling is like bringing things from the spiritual realm into your visual presence where you can physically see the hand of God moving in your life!
Because everything will soon come to an end, be sensible and clear-headed, so you can pray. 1 Peter 4:7 ISV
Award-winning author Gina Duke is a wife, mom and the Director of Women’s Ministry at her local church. With a B.S. in Organizational Leadership, she is able to bring a clear word for authentic Christian living. Through her book, “Organizing Your Prayer Closet: A New and Life-Changing Way to Pray” (Abingdon Press), she imparts 1 Peter 4:7 with the gift of structured prayer journaling. If you would like to schedule Gina to speak on prayer or host a prayer journaling workshop, click here for more information. You may also follow her on Twitter and Instagram @TheGinaDuke.
When you subscribe here to my blog, you will receive these weekly features: (Click and check out the corresponding posts!)
P.S. Before you leave, please click here to go to my home page to subscribe to my blog. Thank you!
P.S.S. If you have found this post helpful, why not share it?