Happy New Year! Welcome 2021!! Good riddance 2020!!!
I pray you are well as we enter a New Year. Do you have a word for 2021? I would love to hear what it is.
Please know that my blog post may contain links where I make a small amount of money when you make a purchase through my links.
I have a word for leaving 2020 – Re-establishing. At the end of every year, I go through my completed copy of Organizing Your Prayer Closet’s structured prayer journal and review it thoroughly. In my 2020 year, I gathered from my review that God re-established a lot of things in my life and ministry, as well as in my husband’s and children’s lives. Now, it is up to me to build upon His re-establishment in 2021. I covet your prayers in this.
Speaking of prayers, did you know that God answered 229 of my 350+ prayer petitions with a Yes in 2020? He only said No 12 times. So, He is clearly not a God of No, as we often mistakenly believe. This has been my experience year after year – God is a good, good Father. It is because of my structured prayer journal in Organizing Your Prayer Closet that I have any clarity about my prayer life, which essentially encompasses everything about my relationship with my Heavenly Father.
If you want to see my full-length video of my 2020 prayer journaling recap, you can do so here by joining my Facebook Group Organizing Your Prayer Closet here.
One thing I am really pleased to share with you is the list of interactive offerings in my Etsy store that begin on Sunday, January 10, 2021:
–The Masterclass – You can join my Masterclass Facebook Group where I will do an in-depth teaching of each chapter of Organizing Your Prayer Closet. It’s only $39 for 10 weeks of instruction. That’s less than $4 week to improve your prayer life and learn the gift and art of structured prayer journaling.
–The Intensive – In addition to participating in the Masterclass, you get some one-on-one time with me for personalized help with your prayer life.
–The Coaching option – Along with the Masterclass, you get one-on-one time with me AND professional coaching.
Please check out my shop for those offerings, but at the least, you will want to make sure that you have your new copy of Organizing Your Prayer Closet 2021 prayer journal because it is a new year!!! And I pray it is a really good one!!!
And if you are still grappling with everything you went through in 2020, I’ve got a free eBook with videos in a series in my Instagram @TheGinaDuke. You will want to grab this workbook here so you can redeem that somewhat crappie year.
Now, in keeping with my promise to help you make sense of yourself, life and God’s plans, I want to speak to you about life in America. As I write this post, I am watching CSPAN in finalizing the vote count of our 2020 election. We have just observed one of the most horrific days in our American experience. If you are feeling a lack of peace over everything that has happened, know this:
God is able to establish World Leaders.
It cannot be stolen away from Him.
Romans 13 clearly states His ability and provides a warning to those who resist what God has established. Take heed my beloved.
“Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended.”
There has been a lot of political pomp & stance, political postering, and deception running amuck as well as blood and chaos poured onto our Nation’s Capital, but God’s people shall NOT be deceived. For we know God establishes Kings and Kingdoms for His own divine purposes that we may not even understand, and we can trust GOD, no matter what comes through those governing terms. Our hope is not in man or king, but only in the one true Living God.
I continue to implore my brothers and sisters in Christ to take God’s truth which I listed above and let it operate in what is true.
My deepest prayer is that the spirit of deceit and rebellion will be vanquished among God’s people.
No matter our political views, may we always be a people of truth, for how can we lead people to THE TRUTH if the world believes we are easily deceived by political propaganda that cannot even be proven in our own high courts?
Woe to the ones in the body of Christ who help spread falsehoods and/or allow other believers to be deceived. Let God be true and every man a liar. This is the Word of God.
If you are a women’s ministry leader and have been as deeply concerned about the women of your church falling for conspiracy theories as I have, then you probably want to know some tips for combating this. My soul is vexed over this concern for this reason:
How can we lead people to THE TRUTH if the world believes we are easily deceived by the world?
We have a sacred responsibility to speak God’s truth to current events because our silence on major events leaves the congregation to be devoured by wolves (and some are in sheep’s clothing, too!). Unfortunately, less than 30% of Christians read their Bibles, as reported by the Ponce Foundation, so there’s that – the reason church leaders must be the voice of reason, imparting spiritual clarity.
Here are nine of my best tips for leading women to Truth:
- Pray about when you should speak up because when God says Go He will also give you anointed words.
- Speak with the pastor that you report to about approaches. I had a great conversation with two of my pastors and both were very insightful, and greatly improved my approach.
- Be a person of Truth – God’s Word. Because you have built a reputation for knowing God’s Word and being a person of integrity, your women will trust your viewpoint.
- Prepare by studying God’s Word on the subject and be well informed by credible news outlets. Watch them all to get a feel for what is being reported. This is how you learn the most about most current events. Verify your facts so you can have credible conversations.
- In addition to including the appropriate content in teachings, consider writing posts or doing Facebook Lives sharing your heart on these matters from the perspective of imparting spiritual clarity through scripture, just as I have done with the blog post above about God establishing Kings. We can’t tell people what to think, but we can present God’s Word in such a way that it is received as a healing balm that relieves one’s mind.
- Meet in person (by phone or Zoom, too) with those who may need more intensive care to sort through complex issues, and answer hard questions.
- Ask thought-provoking questions that will help them to come to some sensible and spiritual realizations on their own.
- Pray for your women, daily.
- As long as you are consistently teaching and training your women how to pray, study God’s Word and develop their Spiritual Gifts and mature the Fruit of the Spirit in their lives, it will pay off in harry times.
Ladies, I appreciate you and your service to the women of your church and your courage to tackle difficult topics for the sake of the gospel message. Spur on!