Everything I share for Women’s Ministry Wednesday, is intended to come from the things believe I have done well as a Director of Women’s Ministry. However, there are posts (like this one) that comes from what I have not done so well.
No one is perfect, and because of this we can all glean from one another’s failings. Like…when you need to end a program. I recently had to abruptly shut one of mine down, and that’s how I ended it…abruptly.
Now, a couple of weeks later, I am thinking a softer landing would have been better for all affected. Listed below are some things I did and some things I should have. Keep them handy for the next time you have to close the curtain on a ministry offering.
- Inform the pastor you report to, and let him know why it is necessary
- Inform the church office so they will also be able to help communicate accordingly
- Inform the group of women that this will affect, and give them alternatives, if applicable
- Inform the leaders of other ministries that may be effected so they can plan or adjust as needed
- Remove the ministry listing from all materials and websites to eliminate confusion.
As I am still working backward on closing the curtain, please let me know what else you do or may do, as I may have missed something. Thanks!!!
” And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds,” Hebrews 10:24
Dear Guest, When you subscribe here to my blog, you will receive these weekly features: (Click and check out the corresponding posts!)
Hey, Women’s Ministry Leaders/Directors/Team Members! Check out this MUST-FOLLOW Pinterest Board featuring bloggers who write about tips, strategies and ideas for Women’s Ministry! Be sure to follow it to stay on top of the latest posts!!!