Since this past Sunday was Mother’s Day, my pastor had shared some great ways to pray for our children. I thought they were so good, I decided to share them with you!
- Keep a prayer journal for your children. I know of a great one, too!
In addition to keeping up with their milestones, record dreams and thoughts you have for your children. Keep up with ways you see God working in their lives, which will be a great place for them to return to in times of worry.
- Develop a prayer covering for your children. Use the Word of God, and pray over your children.
- Pray through the Bible for your children and give them that Bible when they begin reading.
One way I plan to do this is to take all the annotations in my grandmother Minnie Bell’s Bible and make a year-long reading and praying plan with it. This is something that they can treasure forever!
- Form a prayer network for your children. The Mom’s In Prayer ministry provides a great method for this, but you can also enlist other friends and family members. How nice it is to send out an update to them for prayer, as well as praying for their children.
- Turn your worries into prayers. Okay, we all need to do this one. I remember when my elder daughter, Kassie, started driving. I would practically have a panic attack every time she would leave the house. I simply kept praying about it. Then one day, I noticed how God had removed my anxiety and replaced it with peace. It was wonderful to be free from worry!
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6
- Have prayer with them each night, and bless them.
- Incorporate a family night of devotional prayer on Sunday night. You will be pleasantly surprised how that time together will bind you before you all step back out into the world again on Monday morning. Plus, it is a great time to pray for your child’s needs and concerns.
What other great ideas do you have for praying for your kiddos???
When you subscribe here to my blog, you will receive these weekly features: (Click and check out the corresponding posts!)
Award-winning author Gina Duke is a wife, mom and the Director of Women’s Ministry at her local church. With a B.S. in Organizational Leadership, she is able to bring a clear word for authentic Christian living. Through her book, “Organizing Your Prayer Closet: A New and Life-Changing Way to Pray” (Abingdon Press), she imparts 1 Peter 4:7 with the gift of structured prayer journaling. If you would like to schedule Gina to speak on prayer or host a prayer journaling workshop, click here for more information. You may also follow her on Twitter and Instagram @TheGinaDuke.
Check out my video for Organizing Your Prayer Closet!
And just when you think I am done, I’ve got one more thing to tell you…my next book is coming out mid June, and am looking for launch team members. If you are interested in finding out more, contact me here.
P.S. Before you leave, please click here to go to my home page to subscribe to my blog. Thank you!
P.S.S. If you have found this post helpful, why not share it?