If prayer does not seem like an exciting topic for a women’s conference, then you have never had a Prayer Closet Organizer. Gina specialize in prayer retreats, and especially trains on structured prayer journaling for clarity in Christian living; however, she can speak on any one of the topics as a guest speaker.
Session 1: Praise and Thanksgiving
- What Do You Think about the Christ? (Matthew 22:42)
- The Leper’s Top 9 Reasons of Why We are Not Thankful (humorous video clip)
Session 2: Overcoming Sin and Self
- The Corrections of our Disciplines (from Proverbs 6:23)
- The “Frowny-Face Sin”
Session 3: Hearing God Speak
- “You are a Sheep, Jesus is Your Shepherd, and Satan is a Cowboy” (anecdotal message based upon John 10:1-6)
- Developing Ears that Hear
Session 4: Living in Obedience (included for a full 2-day Retreat)
- Obedience through Experience (Study of Abraham’s journey to perfecting his obedience)
Session 5: Commitment to Sharing Jesus (included for a full 2-day Retreat)
- Jesus’ Manifesto (A fresh look at the Church and the Beatitudes)
- Our Ministry Handbook (Based upon II Cor. 5:11-6:10)
Session 6: Your Heart and Passion (included for a full 3-day Retreat/Can be a stand-alone workshop)
- Uniquely You (Personality Assessment and Teaching)
- Understanding Your Spiritual Gifts Against the Backdrop of the 21st Century
- Clarifying Your Calling
Session 7: Effectual Prayer
- Imparting 1 Peter 4:7
- Crafting a Higher Quality Prayer Request
- The A, S or K’s of Categorizing Your Prayer Requests
*Typical retreat is a Friday night/Saturday event
*Personality Assessments are from CLASS. There is a small fee associated with my cost for this assessment. The survey should be distributed to the participants at least one week ahead of the retreat.
*The Spiritual Gift Assessment is Lifeway’s online “Spiritual Gift Survey”. It should also be completed prior to the retreat
*Most Sessions are about 45 minutes in length. They are interactive and high impact!
*Optional Q&A may be held at the end of the retreat for ladies to ask questions for better clarification
*For Retreats/Workshops, it is recommended that copies of “Organizing Your Prayer Closet” be purchased for the participants at a discounted rate.
*For Speaking Engagements, Gina can host a book-signing for Organizing Your Prayer Closet: A New and Life-Changing Way to Pray (Abingdon Press).
Award-winning author Gina Duke is a wife, mother and Director of Women’s Ministry at her local church. She is a witty and point-on expositor of God’s Word as a conference speaker. With a B.S. in Organizational Leadership, Gina is able to bring a clear word for authentic Christian living. Through her book, “Organizing Your Prayer Closet: A New and Life-Changing Way to Pray” (Abingdon Press), she imparts 1 Peter 4:7 with the gift of structured prayer journaling. Gina also blogs and offers numerous videos and resources at GinaDuke.com. You may also follow her on Twitter and Instagram @TheGinaDuke.