I’ve been inspired lately by rhubarb! I recently fell in love with it while enjoying it in a cake at a 3-day prayer retreat I led in North Dakota. It does not grow very well in the south, but I did manage to find some at the local grocer. The caterer gave me her recipe, and I will be glad to share the yum with you.
Rhubarb Cake Recipe
1. Mix regular yellow cake mix as directed and pour in cake pan.
2. Wash and cut up the rhubarb in small bite-size pieces.
3. Sprinkle on top of cake. Completely cover the cake mixture with cut up rhubarb (and no, it does not need to be pre-cooked).
4. Pour 1 cup of half & half cream over the rhubarb.
5. Scatter 1 cup of sugar on top.
6. Bake for 1 hour at cake mix recommended temperature.
Let the cake stand a minute. Cut yourself a big piece, and top with cool whip. Prepare your taste buds for bite of Heaven. It is so good!
Now, on to the video…
See you next weekend, and in the meantime, happy prayer journaling!!!
Award-winning author Gina Duke is a wife, mom and the Director of Women’s Ministry at her local church. With a B.S. in Organizational Leadership, she is able to bring a clear word for authentic Christian living. Through her book, “Organizing Your Prayer Closet: A New and Life-Changing Way to Pray” (Abingdon Press), she imparts 1 Peter 4:7 with the gift of structured prayer journaling. If you would like to schedule Gina to speak on prayer or host a prayer journaling workshop, click here for more information. You may also follow her on Twitter and Instagram @TheGinaDuke.
When you subscribe here to my blog, you will receive these weekly features: (Click and check out the corresponding posts!)
P.S. Before you leave, please click here to go to my home page to subscribe to my blog. Thank you!
P.S.S. If you have found this post helpful, why not share it?